Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reconciling – A Mission

Its 3.25am in the morning , my friend a long black sweet coffee makes its presence felt. Always a friend at this time of the morning although a less frequent friend, I’m moving to tea-black weak no sugar, all part of my health regime.

3.25am its quiet I’m left with just my thoughts, my reflections, my longings. It’s also my most productive and creative time. So I thought I’d add another blog. Should I start with that well warn phrase Dear Blog site .. mmm it works for me. So in the quietness I reflect on 6 months of upheaval and personal growth.

This is suppose to be an encouraging blog, it will be but first I must fess up to being the biggest Pratt out, or as someone put it dweeb. I wish I could fix all the damage along the way but even though I would like to some things just take time. God has taught me patience and still is, we know how difficult that can be. Reconciling can be a mission yet that is all I want. For God to complete the work he is doing in me this will be necessary. That’s a little frustrating since there can be other people in involved in the process. I have learnt our effectiveness in MISSION has a direct correlation on our ability to succeed in this mission first that being Reconciliation. So Reconciliation is indeed “A Mission”. Just as the cross points skywards to God, so it stretches East to West, South to North. That’s our world our neighbour. Reconciliation is the heart beat of God and at the centre of his mission. So it must be our mission.

A Mission the best remedy for boredom and restoring fellowship/friendship:
Sharon and I have the privilege of being the National Youth Band Executives so three times a year we get to GO OUT and do mission in a different location, that has it's unique challenges. We are also the Commanding Officers of Wellington City Corps. We get the privilege of going on Mission to another location with the Wellington Citadel Band. Now there are of course heaps of other opportunities. I’m stoked because over the recent NYB mission to Tauranga and the Mission to Nelson with Wellington Citadel band we’ve seen God use us and others to impact the lives of so many people. Rejoice with us!!

OK now I get excited like REALLY excited .. ALLELUIA SEND THE GLORY !!!!! 

Something else happens on mission. Friendships are forged the fellowship of believers is strengthened and reconciliation happens. These are all important by-products of mission. Reconciling – A Mission really happens on all levels in the group or with individuals far from God!!

HOT TIPS FOR CADETS and Corps leaders:
When Sharon and I started ministry together, every now and then a Corps would get grumpy, difficult, and relationships were strained. We would instantly plan outreaches, open-airs anything to get the people out and about doing mission. BECAUSE when left in our holy huddles; and as an Officer I can be just as difficult; under the façade of fellowship the Corps had become a caldron of discontent and could be described as no more than glorified bitch sessions (excuse the coarse language I think its perfect in this context.)

When Gods people go on a MISSION, as we are designed to do, and more so being an Army on the march, then true reconciliation and fellowship happens. I reckon that’s why Jesus sent his disciples out two by two. The bible says they came back rejoicing. Their hearts were fall.
Reconciliation is the heart beat of God. So pursue it. Sure, the relationships may change but in the context of Jesus Christ, they become healthy God honouring and authentic.






No comments:

Post a Comment