Friday, September 10, 2010

Knights in white satin ... White satin to Cyber space!

Moody Blues: I'm definitely showing my age now. Along with Eagles and other bands this was one of my favourite bands. Their Genre was rock mixed with orchestrations and some odd instrumentation that made their music different an interesting. Their Lyrics were deep, meaningful and cleverly grafted. Loving words, as I do, I would hang on every word. One of the songs went like this.

Knights in white satin,
never reaching there end
letters I've written never meaning to send ....

When I think about all the letters, or e-mails or blogs I've written, that never reached their end,  because I procrastinated or I thought better of it. Words can be incredibly powerful, moving, motivating or can comatose you, like a bad sermon that never ends, both for the congregation and the person delivering it.

Today I wrote a letter: Nothing new in that, I write many letters, I do a lot of writing full stop, excuse the pun. Anyway, the particular letter I had to write, I had no choice about. Added to this is it was one of the most important letters I have had to write of recent days. Many things go through your mind, not least how will it be received? Have I made myself clear enough? Will I be misunderstood? Will it encourage and bring about a satisfactory result?

Letters I've written never meaning to send. Sometimes we write letters but we never really intend to send them we don’t push the send button. It just helps us to write it; well I find that anyway. This letter I’ve written not only do I have no choice about writing the letter, I have to send it too, in the hope it will be received in the right spirit. I like the idea of "Knights in white Satin". A knight in the context of the song by "Moody Blues" is someone who will bring about a pleasing end, a type of rescuer, someone who would bring hope or justice perhaps. A knight was a protector or an emissary.

Letters that should be sent: How many times have I decided to write but procrastinated or got way laid by the tyranny of the urgent. The Knights in white satin, or should I say cyber satin that I should have sent but didn't ? Maybe I feared the consequences. But just maybe those knights may have brought some hope, brought about justice, rescued a friend from a wrong decision. The letter I should have sent may have protected a friend or may have been an emissary who advocated in bringing reconciliation to family or friends. Some letters, yes should not be sent, and we all have pushed the send button only to regret the decision. I suggest there are many letters we should have and didn't.

So fellow "Knights in white satin" send that note, that e-mail, that blog into cyber space and trust God to use your creative skills to bring hope, justice reconciliation and encouragement.

Letters I’ve written Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment