Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Beach the Beach the beach .. For those who love the beach !!

It’s been almost four months since I walked on this beach. It was one of those magic Wellington days, so we went to Lyall Bay. Panda was excited. Anticipation was all over him the idea of meeting other dogs he’d missed over the four months of winter, well thats what I think at least. Like us Panda likes the beach. The surf was up and as seals, wet suited surfers skilfully weaved along the face of the wave until in a mass of white froth what was a perfectly shaped wave descended into a caldron of foam dissipating to a white ribbon stretching along the shoreline.

It was almost four Months: It was on this very beach that my life took a twist, like a tsunami I was never to know how ferocious it was to be. That’s when God spoke to me. Like a surfer it required me to read the waves, the storm, and navigate skilfully through to the other side. Sometimes I was buried, sometimes I rode the wave like a pro feeling a higher power a higher law carrying me. Troubles come and with Gods help and grace you will make it through, as you draw on God. Don’t get me wrong its not as if there wer'nt some huge hard times along the way, when you fall off the face of yet another wave and get slammed it still hurts like hell, and they still come out of the blue every now then although less frequent now.  I’m not sure whether I’ve learnt to ride the waves better; I hope I have, or whether they have become less powerful. I know God becomes greater in our lives at these times. Is it that God has increased?

So I’m walking along the beach: I walked this way four months ago under very different circumstances I remember it as if it was yesterday. The first thing I notice is that the beach is the same beach but different. That probably doesn’t make sense to you, but I have changed in the last four months. God has done a huge work, I have discovered I’m flawed, forgiven and empowered. I’m a bit of a sailor not a surfer, I do know that the power of the sea is an awesome thing. As we walk along the beach I see it’s the same accept its been swept clean over the winter period. The same stuff is there accept it’s moved around, that’s the power of the sea.

God speaks to me again: He says “Craig I allow these waves to move some stuff around in your life, I've swept some places clean too"; causing me to value what’s valuable not what’s not. To appreciate what I have and not what I don’t or can’t have, to be thankful regardless of how well I navigate the waves. In fact Gods less worried about my prowess and more about me pressing into Him. God was about moving some stuff around, sweeping clean some stuff in my life and He needed some pretty big waves to do it. I guess those involved in my story are still part of my story, well I hope so anyway. The beach is still the beach; the same beach in fact, what’s changed is where everything is. Relationships have changed, I have changed, life has changed but the beach is still the beach. I love the beach I’m just not sure about surfing.

Press in regardless beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment