Friday, September 17, 2010

I walked up to the front door .. bright tulips greeted me and I’m just privileged.


Today I meet a wonderful lady: It’s a privilege to serve the King of Kings, it’s a Joy to be a part of His amazing purposes in the world. Its not the big things that count it’s the little things that count at least that’s what I was reminded of today.

She’s very unwell, she counts the days until “This temple retires from active service .. but the Spirit goes on” . What a Spirit; it so epitomises the tulips at the front door. Lying dormant over the winter and at the command of nature they appear, bright colours standing tall challenging the winter that has been and gone. 

It’s the wee things, its relationships and the little kindnesses that count: “I didn’t think I’d see the tulips this year, but praise God they have come”.  she said. When someone who has run the course and proved faithful in the race speaks, you stop and take notice.  “It’s the wee things that count the relationships, the people who care enough to send a wee message, a card the kind thoughts, these blessings are all around I’ve learnt to appreciate them all. When you don't know whether you will be here tomorrow its funny how it’s these little things that become so important. The birds feeding, the garden, friends, family and my tulips at the front door; did you see them" she said. "Yes I did they're bueatiful".

Sharon and I are just privileged: Such a strong Spirit, no malice only love, thankfulness, kindness, such steadfast faith that even in the last moments of life she wants to be a blessing and she is.  WOW we’re just privileged. That got me thinking how often am I caught up in the whirly burly of the urgent, the issues, the protest, the next project and fail to see the blessings all around. If this was my last day on earth how would I live it? God give me that spirit that is like you in everyway, seeking to challenge the wintery blasts of un-christlikeness.

Tulips I should grow some next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment