Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When Disappointment Happens?

Recently I have experienced a disappointment like no other. I have experienced them before but this was a little close to home. As an Officer I guess you never really get used to those times, after all your only human not a robot devoid of feelings or emotions; you know, the whole gamut that life spits out sometimes.

Those feelings are real; you try to remain calm, but on the inside every part of your being screams out for breath, the stomach turns into a knot and you come away sad. I come away so aware that this is a spiritual battle and at anytime we could be casualties. Jesus said, "Watch and pray least you fall"


I'm doing a lot of watching my life my motives with a generous serving of prayer. Do you wonder as I do, as a parent does? Does God the father have those same feelings that scream from the inside, the let down feelings that come when I let Him down? It’s quite cool that Jesus is our advocate reconciling us to God. There’s something comforting about knowing that someone else has experienced what you have experienced. They have empathy. That really helps. Disappointments come and will continue to come but it's cool to know that they serve a purpose of refining, burning up the dross.

Disappointment = God is there.
Can I be like Jesus to those who disappoint?

No comments:

Post a Comment