Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday ramblings

Its been a while dear blog but today is my birthday. I guess I've been around a while now. OK I have lol.  I've experienced a few things the good the difficult and some things I'm pretty ashamed off. Indulge me once more dear blog as I reflect on characteristics of Jesus that I want to exhibit in my life as you give me another year to serve you.



The Jesus of second chances: Have I messed up on more than one occasion. On Sunday, God moved in a clear demonstration of grace and power. I think, “I don't deserve this, I deserve this least than most, why do I get the privilege of being Gods vessel?" Be encouraged beloved wherever or whatever God will give you another chance. People may not, Jesus does. This weekend I'm reflecting on "The Women at the well”.. She was a loner she had not to many friends, accept those who would use her. WOW do you remember the second chance Jesus gave her. It was transformational. Who are you going to give another chance to in the next few weeks, a letter and open door a hand of frienship?



The Jesus of reconciliation: Some time ago a lady was trying to contact a good friend only to find they did not want to make contact. She never knew why.  For whatever reason people may sometimes choose not to reconcile with one another and that is sad. The awesomeness of Jesus is he came to bring reconciliation. Now I used to think that was between man & God but in reality you can’t be reconciled to God unless you first are reconciled to those who may have hurt you. Reconciliation is one of the most unselfish gifts we can give to another. That horrible day when most of the disciples betrayed Jesus, remember? Can you imagine how tense the atmosphere must have been when Jesus rises from the dead and turns up on the beech cooking their breakfast? Not much is said, but as they eat there’s no judgment just acceptance and a new assignment for Peter. Reconciliation means I never give up on any situation or person.



The Jesus of the lonely: Since I’m doing a bit of nostalgic meandering; in our first appointment we were stationed in Queenstown. Andrea turned up on the doorstep she was working in Queenstown it was party central then, and she could party with the best of them. Despite a heavy social calendar, she was hugely lonely. She said "she often felt the odd one out and never really seemed to fit". That day she retold the story of how her mum took her to Sunday school and how God had spoken to her at a young age called her to serve him. That day in our front lounge, she connected with Jesus for the first time she said "it was like coming home to grandma's after Church and just felt so good. Over the next 12 months, we saw God take a lonely young lady who felt she didn’t fit to new levels of service in God. Just a month ago on FB out of the blue she shows up. Andrea the lonely lost young lady has been serving God in Europe with an outstanding ministry for years. She said “When I meet Jesus that day, I discovered for the 1st time a Jesus who looks out for the lonely, the odd waif and stray to transform them into significance”. Thank You !! WOW

Be encouraged Gods preparing you for significance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment